Dominique Strauss-Kahn Files $1 million Countersuit Against Accuser

Dominique Strauss-Kahn has filed countersuit against his accuser

French diplomat and financier Dominique Strauss-Kahn has filed a $1 million dollar lawsuit against the woman who accused him of assaulting her back in 2011.

The suit, filed last week in New York, claims that Nafissatou Diallo made “malicious and false” accusations when she claimed he attacked her in his Manhattan hotel suite.

Diallo claimed back in 2011 that Strauss-Kahn assaulted her in the room when she came to clean it while working as a maid. After being arrested, the charges were ultimately dropped against Strauss-Kahn after the Manhattan district attorney harbored doubts about the credibility of his accuser.

Diallo then filed a civil suit against Strauss-Kahn which recently was allowed to go forward. Strauss-Kahn unsuccessfully argued he was immune from the suit due to his diplomatic status as head of the International Monetary Fund at the time of the alleged attack.

The countersuit last Monday came in the same week as the swearing in of France’s new president. Francois Hollande ran on a socialist ticket that could presumably have gone to Strauss-Kahn  if not for the assault allegations.

Diallo says that Strauss-Kahn forced her to perform a sex act on him in the room, while the former IMF head says that their activities were consensual.

Attorneys for Guinean-born Diallo call the countersuit a “desperate ploy.”

Meanwhile, investigators in France are continuing their probe into allegations that Strauss-Kahn was part of a multi-city prostitution ring.

Source: the L.A. Times and the New York Post